I work at a local k-mart and one of the MANY things I've learned in my 2-ish years of employment is that people have odd buying habits concerning tissues (you know, Kleenexes). We sell various brands in both single and multi pack varieties. Now most sane people would assume that the majority of tissues are sold in these multi packs, because well, it makes more economic sense. On average buying a multi pack will save you a few dollars as opposed to buying them all individually. HOWEVER, apparently most people decide "screw it I'm just gonna buy one!" Now this would make sense if you only needed ONE box of tissues, but who fits in that demographic!? Also note that the individual packs aren't better quality or some limited-edition monkey-business. Same tissues. Same box. just different quantities of boxes. So somewhere out there is a large group of wannabe super-rebel-badass-mofos who buy their tissues one box at a time. I assume this is the type of person who, after leaving the store hops onto a bicycle and rides home making motorcycle noises. Or maybe they just go around back and weep to themselves over their terrible concept of economic efficiency, then using all the tissues up drying tears, requiring them to back inside and purchase another single box of tissues. The cycle continues, and the results are America's entire homeless population.
Now this is all fine and dandy until you realize the impact it has on the stores employees, specifically me. Now after a decent number of single boxes of tissues have been purchased by the drippy-nose populace we will receive a replenishment. The problem is that we DO buy our tissues in large multi packs. these usually consist of 30-40 boxes stuffed into an impossibly small box. to price each of these boxes I am forced to remove each box individually. This proves difficult because there is only enough space between boxes for a single atom (as allowing for more would likely result in nuclear fusion during the packing process they are packed so tight), and not my fingers. In addition to this the cheap paperboard used in construction of said boxes is typically the kind prone to frequent paper-cuts (see: worst injury of all time). So now after I have struggled to remove all the boxes from the confines of the larger box, and priced them, I must somehow place the blood-soaked boxes back, a normally impossible task only made possible due to the lubricating blood. Finally I have finished with one box, but many more await my ruined hands...
All so you can be a tissue-rebel... bastards
No comments:
Post a Comment