9.27.2011

Dream Machine Team

One of the most common questions I get asked is what is my dream car. I always find I can never choose just one. There are a few cars I consider my dream car for various reasons. Here I will share them with you!

1. Brunton Super Stalker

Lotus 7 kit cars have a special place in the hearts of most gear heads. They are kit cars based on the old lotus 7 racer. They are tiny little cars that capture the idea of power-to-weight ratio and run with it. Caterham is the most popular manufacturer of Lotus 7 replica but I find myself particularly drawn to a lotus produced by Brunton. It uses Buick's supercharged 3800 v6 producing 280 bhp and a crazy-awesome 300 ft-lbs. That kind of power in a car that weighs just under 1,500 lbs just makes me drool. Sure Brunton also makes a v8 version with 550 bhp/ft-lbs, but I am always partial to an ancient iron supercharged v6 (also I would assuredly end up crashing immediately with that kind of power...).

2. Cadillac Allante

Cadillac used to be THE luxury brand. during the '80s and '90s that reputation faded drastically. Cadillac has done a lot in the past decade to become relevant again, but there is one jewel shining from the early 90s that served as a reminder that Cadillac was still full of brilliance. That car is the Allante. It is a big roadster designed by the same firm that has turned out numerous ferrari designs. Sure the Allante was FWD and had an auto tranny, so its not gonna be any fun, but I don't want it for that reason at all.

3. GMC Sonoma Highrider/ZR2

How do you make the chevy S10/gmc sonoma awesome? swap out the frame and suspension to turn it into an off-road monster. Particularly a short wheelbase ZR2 is completely lustworthy. Sure, the sonomas are rust magnets, but a rusty truck is still a good looking truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment