now I know people generally think small cars are just super great because they generally get good gas mileage and are easier to park but the trend is silly to me.
most of the improvements from gas mileage are all to do with the engine, not the cars size. if a decent effort was put forth you would see great gas mileage figures even in larger cars. This is starting to happen with ford and chevy having their truck mpg war. otherwise the only realistic advantage to having a smaller car is its easier to park, which kinda pales in comparison to the advantages of a bigger car.
This is very frustrating as I work at the local k-mart ( :D ) and one of my jobs is to load furniture into the customers car. I used to ask what model they had to make sure it would fit but now I tend to just ask what year. If its newer than '05 I just flat out tell them its probably not gonna fit...
I understand compacts arose out of the 70s fuel crisis because back then small car = small engine = better gas mileage, but now its just irrelevant.
No comments:
Post a Comment